Dear Everyone,
Well, Ben asked me a lot of questions which took me a while to answer so I don't have a whole lot of time left today. So, if you want to read some more about how things have been going, ask him to forward it to you.
Because I don't have much time, I won't be too descriptive, but here's some things that have happened this week:
Among other things, we had a fantastic mission conference on Friday. Two MTC instructors came down and talked with all of us about how to improve the results of our mission. I learned a lot and having been trying to implement a lot of new aspects into my own personal service and also into my work with Elder Davis.
We had another tree cutting expedition this week for one of the Spanish members in the ward. These trees were about twice as tall as the first ones we took down, but we finally finished it. By the end of our time working, he had huge branches covering his entire front yard. We then loaded them all into a trailer and took them down to a mulching yard that they have here in Texarkana. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot of new Spanish words too. :)
Elder Davis and I have both been sick this last week. Then yesterday, I began losing my voice. Elder Davis thought it was hilarious as I would go up to people to talk with them and my voice would crack every time I said the word "missionaries." Had a great lesson that night with a man named Robert that invited us into his home when we contacted him out in the parking lot of his apartments. We were with a member from the ward and he gave a powerful testimony of his conversion 5 years before. The Spirit was there very strongly as the three of us testified of the truthfulness of this gospel and of the Book of Mormon. I thought my voice being the way it was would take away from some of the spirit as we were testifying, but it didn't and the man named Robert accepted our invitation to be baptized. (That's another thing that I've been wanting to tell you. We have a woman named Connie with a baptisimal date and now this man Robert has a date as well. Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I thought it would be really cool if we ended up baptizing two people with my parents names. They both have the same date too. :)
Well, my time's up. Sorry I didn't write more, but I did send you a CD in the mail yesterday with all my pictures from my first 3 months here as well as a letter I wrote you last Wednesday. Just as a heads up, at the Mission Conference President Tucker made a lot of organizational changes around the mission so we'll now be having P-days on Mondays. So, as of next week, (March 1) I'll be writing you every Monday instead of Wednesdays.
Hope you all are doing well!
Tu hijo y hermano,
Elder Bradley Bishop



No comments:
Post a Comment