Oh I love food so much! (Except for the turkey stuffing. Bryce ate it again this year...I did not partake. End of story.) Anyway, after all this great food we cleaned up and then we watched this awesome movie called The Errand of Angels. Its about a sister missionary and it was really great. I never realized how good looking a girl can be when she's preaching the gospel. :D Haha jk. I've known it all along. Moving onto Friday which was fantastic cuz Bryce and I got to go SNOWBOARDING! We had been looking forward to this ever since we missed our chance to go last year. It was great because Brian Head got a foot of snow on Thanksgiving Day so we had fresh powder for the day. (Of course that was the only foot of snow they had so only one ski lift was open at the whole resort.) On the way up there, the scenery looked amazing and I had a whole bunch of Christmas songs going through my head that actually started to make sense.

So, the lines for the lifts got to be a little long, but it was still so much fun. After getting used to being on the snow again, Bryce and I decided to go down the Terrain Trail where a bunch of rails and jumps were set up. It was the first time we had ever done it and it was great! By the end of the day we were getting pretty good at all of them. Bryce and I decided we wanted to take some pictures of our sweet jumps. It actually took us a couple tries to pull off any decent looking shots and none of them still look that great.

(Napoleon Dynamite quote kinda comes to mind on this one.)
Just kidding. I probably have made it sound like Bryce and I are pros at snowboarding...we're not. We try hard to be though and its fun to pretend. :D
This picture is my favorite one. Because the lines were so long, Bryce and I would go into the faster singles line and be put on the chair with people we didn't know, but we'd always wait at the top for one another and go down together. He's the best little bro a guy could ask for. I don't have pictures for the last big thing which we did on Saturday. About half of us went to the St. George Musical Theatre's musical they were putting on right then. I actually had never heard of it before, but "Nunsense" turned out to be really good. As you probably guessed...its a comedy about a bunch of nuns. There ended up being a little inappropriate subject matter for children (me and bryce) or maybe it was just boys (me and bryce) but my mom told us to forget what we heard. :D (It really wasn't anything too terrible and luckily for me and bryce we only understood about half of those kind of jokes.) Right after the musical we came back down to nice, warm Mesa. We got back really early Sunday morning and then after church we ended up playing with Ben and Macey and Kiley and Sterling. While Kiley and Sterling were asleep we busted out Settlers and played the familiarly intense kind of game that we always have in the Bishop household. Mom and Macey both declared that they were not so intense in these games because they technically were not members of the Bishop bloodline so then they made a temporary alliance of poking fun at our competitiveness. All in all, I had a splendid Thanksgiving and once again I realized how much I truly have to be thankful for. Hence, the reason why I took up so much of your precious time that you could have spent otherwise. So I must thank you for reading this ridiculously long post and ask you to consider reading my stuff again sooner or later. See ya!






4 comments:
Sounds like you had tons of fun!! We missed seeing you, but we will in a couple of weeks, OK?? Love ya!
WOW! What a week! I'm glad you and Bryce and professionals at snowboarding. Perhaps you can teach me how some day. I'm glad you had such an exciting week full of food, family, and fun!
~Rhonda~
I miss you Brad!! I'm freaking excited to chill in .2!!
Well it was my pleasure to read it! Haha sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe you'll read about mine on my blog...eventually...maybe after i finally write about homecoming....lol
Post a Comment