Dear Everyone, How has everyone been? Ben told me a little bit about how all the Brocks are doing which was cool to hear. Sorry it took me so long to write, but Elder Davis and I did some things this morning before coming to the church to email. We don't have a whole lot of time left so I'll have to keep the letter today short as well. I'm glad you liked the pictures, but you should know that I felt a lot safer climbing the tree in those pictures than in the last set of trees that we cut down...it was a lot taller with a lot fewer, thicker branches. What more damage was there from the Chilean earthquake? We heard a little about it a day after it happened, but not much. If you want to let us know what's happening with that or any other events that would be fine...I don't know if you forgot, but we don't really get to stay very caught up with the news. :) Some of the news here in Texarkana is that we finally got Antonio and Lorretta to church! We went over to their apartment Sunday morning with Brother Taylor and banged on their door a couple times until Lorretta's brother let us in. Then, we went and knocked on their bedroom door to wake them up. We waited around for a while and then got up and knocked on their door again. In short, after staying in their apartment for almost 45 minutes we finally all headed over to the church. We were about 20 minutes late and the sacrament was already being passed, but we got them there! It was actually a very spiritual meeting and they both said they really enjoyed it. Afterwards we went to the Bishop's office to set up their marriage date which will be on a very exciting day. I don't know if I've said this in my previous letters, but we set their new baptismal date for the 27th of March. They'll be getting married earlier on that morning and then that also is Lorretta's birthday. :) We thought it was a good day for her to be "born of water" too. We also went and taught a Cuban man last night named Ricardo who had just moved from New Orleans. He had been street contacted by some missionaries down there and they gave him a number to get in touch with us. He's a really nice man and we think he has a lot of potential. Well, the other missionaries still need to write home so I'll get off now. I hope you're all doing well and I enjoy hearing from you! Tu hijo y hermano en Cristo, Elder Bradley Bishop |
Monday, March 1, 2010
3/1/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment